Monday, December 15, 2008

Jesus is My Eternal Father

Isaiah 9:6 says that a Son will be given to us, and one of His names will be "ad avi" or "Eternal Father". Many people dispute this title as not really applying to Jesus. How could Jesus be our "Eternal Father"? Jesus is the begotten Son of God. Many people and religions use this 'lower' image of Jesus to dispute His co-deity and co-equality with Jehovah God. If Jesus of Nazareth is our "Eternal Father", then He is God. To worship Jesus is to worship the true God. To not worship Jesus is to not worship the true God. Try telling that to 90% of the world's religions! That is why they deny that Jesus Christ is our "Eternal Father".

While you can try to explain it away by saying Jesus was the 'human face' of Almighty God, to do so is to deny the Holy Words of Jesus himself. Jesus Christ said "I and the Father are one", (John 10:30). Jesus told an enquiring disciple, "if you have seen me, you have seen the Father...I am in the Father and the Father is in me"(John 14). John seemed to have the clearest idea of who Jesus was of all the disciples. He described Jesus as the Living Word. He described Jesus as the Son of God, whom he had known and touched. The Gospel of John upholds the Deity of Jesus of Nazereth as the 'Son of God'. But when John was alone on the Isle of Patmos, he was caught up in the Spirit for a heavenly vision. In Revelation 1 he hears a voice. Revelation 1:8 says “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” John turns around and sees the Son of Man as a most terrifying image, so much so that he falls at the feet of Jesus, as if he was dead. Here are his own words in Revelation 1:17-18, "When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades."
The voice of Jesus is the voice John heard before he turned around. He heard Jesus declare that "I am the Alpha and the Omega". He hears Him say "I am the Almighty". The image that caused John to faint as though he were dead was the image of Jesus Christ as GOD!
John had already seen the transfigured Jesus. Now John sees Jesus as He really is-our God, our "Eternal Father". Jesus is indeed our God. When we pray to Jesus, we are praying to God. When we pray to God we are praying to Jesus. "I and the Father are ONE!"

For anyone to think they are close to God without knowing Jesus Christ is to be deceived by the great deceiver. To think all the religions of the world pray to the same God is to fail to see Jesus Christ as He truly is, our "Eternal Father". That is why the words of Jesus cause so much scorn, and why so many deny "I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me". Jesus is the physical manifestation of our 'Abba Father'. There is no way to know God without knowing Jesus Christ!

We all love to look at babies. They are so innocent and non-threatening. Baby Jesus is beloved by the world, Christians and non-Christians alike. But the world needs to see Jesus as He really is. He is God. He is our Eternal Father. He is the ONLY way to eternal life in Heaven. He will judge the world!

Jesus indeed is the loving face of our Eternal Father, but one day we will see Him as He is, and we will fall at His feet, for we will see Him as our Jehovah God, our Eternal Father.

1 comment:

esther abigail said...

I was pondering about "Eternal Father" a few days ago. Hee hee, and I read about this today. Glory to Him alone:)!