Tuesday, January 22, 2008

God's Mercies Never Fail

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him." (Lamentations 3:22-24)
Lamentations 3:22-23 kjv
Lydia and I visited Mary and Marvin Borth. Mary was doing great! She told us that the Doctor told her the tumors are shrinking! She is praising the Lord! She knows that the Doctor's still don't give her much hope, but her hope is in the Lord!
I'm just excited that she is continuing steadfast in the Lord. Her spirits are great and her love for the Lord is strong as ever! Too many times I have encountered people who give up on God because of some trial or sickness they go through. It is never about us. It is always about God!

There are three kinds of sickness: Sickness unto death, sickness unto chastisement and sickness unto God's Glory.
For a Christian, sickness is always a time to praise the Lord. For regardless of the end result, we have a chance to fellowship with the sufferings of Jesus Christ. And no matter the result, we will either be with Him, or draw closer to Him (if we respond correctly), or bring Glory to Him.
I hate cancer, but I love my God who triumphs through it all!

No comments: