Monday, December 24, 2007

Look What You Started

I remember her very clearly. It was a beautiful sunny afternoon in September. As President of the Senior Class it was my duty to host an outdoor reception for the incoming freshmen students. There we were in the circle drive at Baptist Bible College, students all around me, when a sweet smiling, long brown-haired gal caught my eye. I casually went up and introduced myself, and from then on it was only a matter of time. My heart had been captured by her grace and sweet spirit. New Years day found me in Houston, proposing to her at a Steak and Ale. By May 18, 1974 we were married.

Our kids and grand-kids were going to surprise us with a photo of everyone for Christmas. Ben and his family as well as Andy were flying in from DC/Baltimore, and ran into flight delays. The surprise was ruined, and we had to be included in their plans. That is how we came to be a part of the huge family portrait.
From that meeting in September, we now have a family of six children, four spouses and seven grandchildren.

Hopefully, this is just the beginning...

No comments: